Divinity: Original Sin is a turn-based isometric RPG set in the Divinity universe which was introduced in Divine Divinity and expanded upon with its sequels Beyond Divinity and Divinity II.
In the game, you control a party of heroes and guide them on a quest to learn a forbidden magic called The Source. This powerful magic was outlawed many centuries ago by the Council of Seven, the rulers of Rivellon, for it is written that from Source the lord of Chaos will spawn. Today, Source magic has been used to overthrow the Council. It's up to our heroes to save the Council and to do this, they'll need to uncover the mysteries of the Source and of those responsible for cursing the Council.
Now as to how you do this, that's entirely up to you: this game is extremely non-linear and rewards exploration. There are many different ways in which you can complete the game successfully.
- an Isometric cRPG.
- play in single player mode or cooperative multiplayer mode
- a real epic cRPG so even in multiplayer, you're engaging in much more than just combat and item fever!
- cooperative dialog system
- a highly reactive world
- a deep character development system
- plenty of choice and consequence
- create your own RPG adventures with our powerful RPG editor and share or play them with friends
- combat is very tactical. It is turn-based, featuring: skill and spell combos, attacks of opportunity, action points and much more...
- Exploration is greatly rewarded
- your character(s) to fit your playstyle using our classless skill and stats system
- countless item interactions and item combinations are waiting to be discovered
- music composed by the brilliant Kirill Pokrovsky.